To Support research on the history of Tubac and the Santa Cruz River Valley,
preserve that history, and share it with the public.
“Tubac & the Santa Rita Mountains from the S.E. side”, Charles Schuchard, 1857
- “Tubac Festival Then & Now” Exhibit at the Brownell Research Center at the Tubac Community Center. Call for an appointment 520-398-2020.
- Research projects are ongoing
- Do you have a recommendation for an interview for our Oral History Project? Please fill out our Oral History Subject Nomination Form and return it to the THS attention Oral History Committee.
- October 1 – November 14: Harwood Steiger Exhibit at the Tubac Center of the Arts
- November 16th, 8:30 am: Breakfast with History at the Tubac Presidio State Historic Park and Museum with Steve Gastellum speaking about the Baca Float
- December: Tour of Local Historic Ranch*
- January 24th, 8:30 am: Breakfast with History at Tubac Golf Resort & Spa with Dan Judkins
- January: Annual Meeting*
- February or March: Festival booth or co-sponsored tour with Rio Rico Historical Society in early March*
- March: Preview of Ranch Exhibit at Tubac Presidio State Historic Park and Museum with wine and cheese and talk by a local rancher*
- April: Annual Picnic*
*Some dates and times have not been determined. Watch for future announcements. Members receive special pricing on all events.
We Need Your Support
The Tubac Historical Society is a 501 (c)3 nonprofit organization. EIN: 23-7425780.
Please consider a tax-deductible donation to support our mission.
Click the button below to DONATE ONLINE.