To Support research on the history of Tubac and the Santa Cruz River Valley,
preserve that history, and share it with the public.
“Tubac & the Santa Rita Mountains from the S.E. side”, Charles Schuchard, 1857
- Research projects are ongoing. If you have a research request, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our Oral History Project Committee is working hard recording oral histories for future generations. Do you have a recommendation for an interview for our Oral History Project? Please fill out our Oral History Subject Nomination Form and return it to the THS attention Oral History Committee.
- September 30th to November 14th: “If you believe in spirit it is here: Tubac’s Early Art Colonists.” We are pleased to announce the next collaborative exhibit between The Tubac Historical Society and the Tubac Center of the Arts, featuring the early artists who lived and worked in Tubac between 1948 to 1989. The exhibit has been compiled by The Tubac Historical Society and will be displayed in the Library and Studio Gallery at the Tubac Center of the Arts. Click here for more details. Please join us on September 30th from 5 pm to 7 pm for the Opening Reception at the Tubac Center of the Arts.
- Monday, October 24th, 8:30 am to 10:00 am: Breakfast with History. The Tubac Historical Society is delighted to invite you to another Breakfast With History presentation titled, PAINTING BETWEEN PRESCRIPTIONS. The story of Arizona’s artist Hal Empie and his family’s history in the state since 1886 told by daughter Ann Groves. The event will be held at the Tubac Golf Resort & Spa, from 8:30am to 10am. Ticket information is available here.
- Saturday, October 29th, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm: Bus Tour of Historic Rio Rico and Nogales, Hosted by the Rio Rico Historical Society. Participate in a pleasant and informative tour of Rio Rico and Nogales! Reservations are taken by the Rio Rico Historical Society. Click here for the contact information.
- November 2nd to November 5th, Altar Tour at the Customs House. From 9 am to 2 pm on Wednesday and 10 am to 2 pm Thursday-Saturday, we will be participating in the county-wide Altar Tour. Stop by and visit!
- *Some dates and times have not been determined. Watch for future announcements. Members receive special pricing on all events.
We Need Your Support
The Tubac Historical Society is a 501 (c)3 nonprofit organization. EIN: 23-7425780.
Please consider a tax-deductible donation to support our mission.
Click the button below to DONATE ONLINE.