To Support research on the history of Tubac and the Santa Cruz River Valley,
preserve that history, and share it with the public.
“Tubac & the Santa Rita Mountains from the S.E. side”, Charles Schuchard, 1857
- Saturday, March 12th – August 28th, 2022: “Welcome to the Ranch: A History of Dude/Guest Ranches in Santa Cruz County,” an exhibit at Tubac Presidio State Historic Park and Museum through the summer of 2022. You are invited to view an exhibit about dude/guest ranches in Southern Arizona. We have collected photos, stories, oral histories, reminiscenes, postcards, and other memorabilia dating back from the mid-1920s to present day. Operating hours are Wednesday-Sunday, 9 am to 5 pm with the last self-guided tour offered at 4 pm.
- Congratulations to board member Betsy Fearnow for her selection as one of Santa Cruz County’s’ “Shining Stars”, which was announced in the March 25th, 2022, of the Nogales International newspaper. Betsy was honored for her volunteer work at The Tubac Historical Society. This is a well-deserved honor, and we are grateful to Betsy for all the hard work she puts in at The THS. If you missed the article, you can read it here.
- Research projects are ongoing
- Do you have a recommendation for an interview for our Oral History Project? Please fill out our Oral History Subject Nomination Form and return it to the THS attention Oral History Committee.
- Canceled (Rescheduled to November 18th, details to follow): Friday, April 15th, 9:30 am to 5 pm: Bus Tour of Historic Rio Rico, Hosted by the Rio Rico Historical Society
- *Some dates and times have not been determined. Watch for future announcements. Members receive special pricing on all events.
We Need Your Support
The Tubac Historical Society is a 501 (c)3 nonprofit organization. EIN: 23-7425780.
Please consider a tax-deductible donation to support our mission.
Click the button below to DONATE ONLINE.